Hot forged fasteners manufacturer in India
What are the advantages of Hot forged fasteners?
Because we can achieve any desired shape after hot forging, there are many advantages that you can see by using hot forger fasteners. Below are the main three reasons why it offers advantageous characteristics to wide range of industries.
- Hot forged fasteners exhibit high and excellent ductility. This is because one can forge a workpiece into many different types or configurations to meet industrial standards.
- Another big advantage comes from high efficiency, where these fasteners can be forged more effectively and faster.
- Third aspect lies in the surface finishing. It provides a polish over its surface and are known to be a high-polish fasteners. Thanks to hot forging.
- They show high-level strength capabilities.
What is the Hot forging process for fastener manufacturing?
Despite showing high strength and good ductility, we need to also look at how these properties got inherited into hot hammered fasteners. Below are some steps by which we hot forge a fastener.
- Firstly we heat the metal up to specific temperature. This results to uninterrupted grain flow and increases combined ductility and strength on a large scale.
- Then we fix the forge with the die needed to form a part to get commonly needed head types.
- We then use equipment such as EDM or Electrical Discharge Machining confirms to the tooling that meets individual userâ€™s or industrial standards.
- Then, it is placed in an induction heater for pre-heating, where infrared parameters ensure uniform heating up to the precise temperature range of 1800-2200Â°F. This helps to reduce scaling and deformity and improves accuracy of the hot forged rivets.
- After this, it is then places into the bottom-half die, wherein, the top-half die is mechanically pressed down to press, forming the head. It takes minimum of 2 strokes to achieve desired shape and it depends on the diameter size.
- The above step is then followed up by rapid cooling.
In this way we can forge a fastener.
We stock Hot forged nuts, rivets and stud bolt in almost all shapes & material as per ASME B18.2.2 standards
7 common differences between hot forged and cold forged fasteners
When comparing a fastener which is hot forged and cold forged you can find huge differences between both the types. Ideally, below are the 7 observed major differences between hot forged bolts and cold forged fasteners:
In cold forged fasteners however, it results in the formation of a unique grain structure based on stress, strain and cooling time.
What are features and benefits of hot forged bolts?
One can grab many features and benefits by utilizing hot forged bolts. Below are the benefits and features that it offers:
- Because of the hot forging process, it results into material deformation.
- They have increased ductility, making them an ideal use case for many configurations.
- It also exhibits excellent surface quality.
- If you want to manufacture customizable parts, there is no other flexible method than hot forging.
Buy hot forged hexagon bolts and hot hammered fasteners directly from manufacturer in India for factory price with mill test certificate
Types and applications of Hot forged fasteners
There are many types of hot forged fasteners which include:
Hot forged cup round hexagon bolts
Hot forged square hexagon holding down bolts
Hot forged countersunk square bolts
Hot forged cup nib bolts
Hot forged plough bolts
Adding to this, followed by rapid cooling, it is widely used in:
- Manufacturing of automobile.
- Also used for heat treatment, threading and bending.
What is the size limit of extra large bolts?
The size range is 1/4’â€™ to 4â€™â€™. But size of an extra-large bolts cannot exceed and is 4â€™â€™ in diameter.
We at Hilton Steel provide hot forged fasteners by using the following technologies:
- Cutting machines
- Heating furnace
- Forging press
- Rolling mill
- Punching (parting) press
We expertly use the above-mentioned terminologies and produce hot forged fasteners to meet your industrial standards.
The size range of fasteners available are from 1/4’â€™ to 4â€™â€™, with unlimited length range on horizontal forges. Different head styles can be achieved, by fixing the forge with the die needed to form a part to get commonly needed head types. With the help of EDM or Electrical Discharge Machining, we can confirm the tooling to meet your needs and standards.
We are located at Mumbai, India.
We are stockist and suppliers of wide range of Hot forging fasteners
- ASTM A193 B7 Threaded Rod
- ASTM A193 B7 Socket Head Cap Screws
- ASTM A193 B7 Anchor Bolts
- ASTM A193 B7 Eye Bolt
- ASTM A193 B7M Bolts
- ASTM A193 B8 Threaded Rod
- Inconel 625 Fasteners
- Hastelloy C276 Fasteners
- Stainless Steel Fasteners
- ASTM F593 Bolt
- ASTM F593 Type 316
- ASTM F593 Type 304
- ASTM A320 B8 Bolts
- ASTM A320 B8M Bolts
- ASTM A193 B8 Class 2 Bolts
- ASTM A453 Grade 660 Bolts
- ASTM A320 L7 Stud Bolts
- Duplex Steel Hex Bolts
- Duplex Steel Stud Bolts
- Duplex Steel Threaded Rod
- Inconel 625 Round Bar
- Hastelloy C276 Round Bar
- Stainless Steel Round Bar
- Stainless Steel Pipe Fittings
- Hastelloy C276 Plate
- stainless Steel Sheet
- Inconel 625 Plate
- Stainless Steel 304 Sheet
- Duplex Steel Eye Bolts
- Inconel Fasteners
- Monel Fasteners
- Hastelloy Fasteners
- Nickel Alloy Fasteners
- Duplex Steel Socket Head Cap Screw
- Stainless Steel 316 Sheet
- Inconel 625 Pipe
- Monel 400 Pipe
- Hastelloy C276 Pipe
- Stainless Steel Pipe
- Stainless Steel 304 Pipe
- Stainless Steel 316 Pipe
- Stainless Steel Flanges